Spiritual Health

[Spiritual Health][slideshow]

Quran

[Quran][stack]

Family

[Family][btop]
[Video][grids]

The Story of Umar Scolded by His Wife

In the book of Uqud al-Lujjain it is said that one day, one of the companions of the Prophet Muhammad was stressed because his wife often scolded him. He had the intention to divorce his wife, but before he decided that option, he wanted to consult first with his closest friend, Umar bin Al-Khatthab. Such was the custom of the caliph to his people who wanted to consult with him.

However, when he had reached the terrace of Umar's house, he overheard Umar's wife was scolding him. The tone of Umar's wife rises, and is heard exaggerating a problem that is actually very trivial. But Umar just stay quiet. He tends to be passive and does not say anything. The man had intended to return, he immediately stepped as he muttered, "If the Caliph is like that, what about me."

Not long after, Umar opened the door of his house and when he saw the man about to return home, he called out to him, "Brother, what is the need for you to come to my house?" The man answered, "My arrival actually wanted to consult about my wife who was often angry, but I heard your own wife do the same. I don't want to disturb, while you yourself have a problem. "

Umar smiled, then said, "Brother, they are our wives. I am willing to be treated this way, because they have the right to us. My wife often cooks food for me and makes bread for me. He washed my clothes, educated and breastfeeded my children, even though none of that was his obligation. I was quite calm not doing anything unlawful, because of my wife's service. For this reason, I am willing to be scolded by my wife. "

The man then said, "O Amir Al-Mukminin, do I also have to do this to my wife?" Umar replied, "Right, be quiet when you are scolded by your wife, because what she did will not be long."

How happy the man got the best solution from the caliph. Immediately he excused himself to leave to return to his home. And since then, the man has never been hard on his wife and he prefers to be passive when his wife scolded him.

No comments: